Daughter, Wife, Mother... this is what I do

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conversations with 9 year olds...

Here are two snippets of great conversations I had this week with my kids:

1. Esmeralda: Mrs. David, I can't really remember what you look like when you were skinny.
Mrs. D: Me neither, Esmeralda... me neither.

2. Thristan (who comes up to about my belly button): You still pregnant?
Me: I'm still pregnant...
Thristan: Alright...

I had a great week. We won't mention the false alarm labor that took us to the hospital at 11:30 at night. We had to walk the walk of shame out of the hospital, still sporting a large belly and carrying no baby.

39 weeks is quickly approaching and I'm no closer to having a baby than I was at 38 weeks. I will say that I'm not discouraged. I don't really feel like one of those pregnant women who is waddling around screaming, "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!" Mostly because right now, I know that she's taken care of. She's got everything she needs, doesn't cry, and is safely tucked behind my uterine wall. Does it make me a bad mama that I'm ok with her staying put for a little while? Don't get me wrong... I'm so excited to cuddle this sweet girl. I cannot wait to bring her home to all the wonderful things that are waiting here for her. But, for now... she's happy and we're happy.

Happiness all around. Especially because we are playing hooky tomorrow. I'm going to cash in on some gift certificates that have burning a hole in my pocket: Mani, pedi and a prenatal massage. Call it a mental health day, if you will. Ahhhhhh...


1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I can't believe E said that...the only thing I ever hear people say is how fabulous you look. Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete