Daughter, Wife, Mother... this is what I do

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Day in the Life...


...of a not-yet mama and teacher-on-spring-break.

Here's what I did today:

1. Wake up on my own time. Not to an alarm clock. (Or the sweet noises of an infant.)
2. Make a large bowl of oatmeal and a small cup of coffee.
3. Slowly enjoy said breakfast, all while reading a book I've been meaning to finish.
4. Stay in pajamas and finish that book on the couch.
5. Once finished with the book, give myself an at-home manicure.
6. Watch a couple of episodes of The Office. (What else am I supposed to do while my nails are drying?!)
7. Clean the kitchen.
8. Finally get dressed.
9. Get out to enjoy the beautiful day and make a run to Babies R Us for a few essentials for the little Bee.
10. Take my time shopping and pick out this cute little number. Elle's ready for swimsuit season:
12. Stroll around Sprouts and pick out a few delicious veggies for dinner.
11. Go to Chic-Fil-A for an ice cream cone because it was the perfect day for one and I didn't have any reason not to.
12. Come home and check the mail only to find the newest Real Simple issue lovingly tucked into my mailbox.
13. Read Real Simple cover to cover.
14. Decided that my day was too wonderful not to commemorate with a blogpost.

After all, these are my very last days of cherishing things like this: Quiet, slow, easy, calm. But it's so sweet looking forward to what my new life will be like. Cherishing things like this: Crazy, new, filled with firsts, baby snuggles, problem solving. :) Moms... feel free to add any things that my life may be filled with that I've left out. Teachers, I hope your Spring Breaks have been as slow and restful as mine has so far.

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you- so happy you had a wonderful day to relax and enjoy! Love you Lulu and the bathing suit is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to take Elle swimming when you come visit. InshAllah. :)

    ReplyDelete