Daughter, Wife, Mother... this is what I do

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Valley of Vision

Came across this prayer this morning and am asking God to continually remind me of this and stir my heart because of it. Hope you're encouraged and stirred or at the very least perplexed by it:

Thou art worthy to be
praised with my every breath,
loved with my every faculty of soul,
served with my every act of life.

Thou hast loved me, espoused me, received me,
purchased, washed, favoured, clothed,
adorned me,
when I was worthless, vile, soiled, polluted.
I was dead in iniquities,
having no eyes to see thee,
no ears to hear thee,
no taste to relish thy joys,
no intelligence to know thee;
BUT thy Spirit has quickened me,
has brought me into a new world as a
new creature,
has given me spiritual perception,
has opened to me thy Word as light, guide,
solace, joy.

So much sweet peace and joy in any circumstance in light of this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment